Abellio Transport Holdings Limited (registered number 05618463) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates and users of our recruitment website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our recruitment website is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Abellio Transport Holdings may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of/candidate on website;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to our Group companies in order to apply for jobs. A list of the Group Companies can be found here;
- to answer your enquiries;
- we have a strict policy on transfers outwith with EEA, which is ‘No personal data is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) without the prior engagement of and consent from Abellio’s Group Legal function, who assess the adequacy of protection offered by the proposed transfer arrangements.’ We will notify you in the event we wish to transfer your data and we will give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such a transfer.
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as us;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our career website. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as us;
- we may also pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, our group companies to enable them to use your personal data for the purposes set out above, depending on which job you are seeking or the location where you are seeking a job.
- if Abellio Transport Holdings or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in Abellio and its Group Companies. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
Your CV will be stored in the Abellio Transport Holdings database, and will be accessible by the resourcing teams and managers of Abellio Group companies.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by managing your profile on our careers website. Every 6 months you'll receive an email to check if you wish to remain registered, including details of how to return and change your alert preferences or, if you wish, remove yourself altogether
Collection of visitor information
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
The details you provide about yourself and any other information which identifies you is held by Abellio on this website for operational purposes (for example candidate registration).
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our recruitment website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. These statistics are anonymous and contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
What is a cookie?
A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed on your equipment when you visit a website (equipment like computer, phone, tablet).
There are several types of cookies:
The functional or session cookies are used to provide services or to store your preferred settings. For example for:
- remembering the products you purchase during online shopping;
- memorizing and passing on the information that you enter during the log-in process or that you leave behind on the various web pages during the ordering process, so that you do not have to enter the same data every time;
- saving your preferences;
- detecting abuse of our websites.
These cookies are used to analyze your visit to our websites. For example, we analyze the number of visitors visiting our websites, the duration of the visits, the order of the pages visited and whether the pages of a website need to be adjusted. With the help of the collected information we can organize our websites more user-friendly. Furthermore, these cookies are used to solve possible technical problems on the websites.
Marketing and tracking cookies
Only if you have given us permission in advance will we use tracking cookies for commercial purposes. These cookies, often placed by third parties, help us to be able to offer you personalized offers. Third parties can follow your internet behavior with tracking cookies. NS uses a Tag Management System from Relay42 to manage the choice of cookies. This way we can guarantee that no cookies are processed that you have not explicitly given permission for.
Would you like to know more about cookies? Then go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Access to our database containing personal information on registered users of the site is restricted. In order to increase security we ask you to input a password when you register as a user of the site. Please keep this password secret.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact [email protected]. You also have the right to ask Abellio Transport Holdings to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that our jobs may be advertised on third party websites, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Abellio Transport Holdings. Visitors/Candidates should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Abellio Transport Holdings's online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected].
Abellio Transport Holdings is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.